Gila County Coordinating Assistance With Flood Aftermath Cleanup
Need Help With Post-Flooding Cleanup? Gila County is Coordinating Assistance
Here’s welcome news for local residents who are still cleaning-up from post-fire flooding: Gila County Emergency Management and Public Works Departments are working with the Arizona Department of Forestry and Fire Management (DFFM) to assist private property owners -- tapping into $10 million of state funding dedicated to local aid ranging from
* paying local contractors to tackle cleanup jobs that are too big for local homeowners
* reimbursing private property owners who already paid for debris removal or demolition directly attributable to fire or flooding
Specifically dedicated to this, Gila County Health and Emergency Management setup a new call center that will be open weekdays during regular business hours at (928) 910-4009; option 4. Or fill out this form
Items eligible for debris removal services are likely to range from vegetation debris (tree branches and mud carried by floodwaters) to building materials, drywall, carpet and lumber -- furniture, mattresses, appliances and more. Details were still being finalized at press time, but local residents may be entitled to waivers for dumpster, landfill, or debris/sediment haul-off fees -- plus fees paid to contractors for property clean-up due to the Telegraph, Mescal or Bush Fires.
Call if you have questions about eligibility, or to request help. If you reach voicemail, please make sure to clearly leave your name, address, phone number and a brief message and someone will contact you in the order that the call is received (and its always a good idea to repeat your phone number at least twice, and clearly, when leaving a voicemail).
Updated information about fire and flood mitigation and reimbursement will also be published at facebook.com/gilacohealthem, and on the Emergency Management pages at gilacountyaz.gov
Contractors approved for this program are listed below; contractors requesting to be added to the contract list may also call at (928) 910-4009; option 4 for more information.
How can local residents receive this help? CLICK HERE FOR A GRAPHIC LISTING STEPS
Gila County Health and Emergency Management posted these steps in the process:
1) Gila County will provide a list of contractors/vendors for property owners to select from. Property owner will call vendor/contractor on the list and work on scope and cost. If you have any questions, please call the Gila County call center, select option 4.
2) If a property owner prefers to choose their own contractor/vendor with approval and onboarding (W-9 and insurance requirements) from the Gila County Finance Department. Please call the Gila County call center, select option 5 to speak with a representative.
3) Before any work is scheduled, the property owner must provide a cost estimate, pictures, and obtain approval from Gila County Emergency Management. For property owners who have already completed the work and are seeking reimbursement for out-of-pocket expenses please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any questions, call the Gila County call center, select option 4.
4) When work is complete, all receipts and invoices from contractor/vendor along with pictures of work completed must be submitted to Gila County Emergency Management. All receipts and invoices must include the name and signature of property owner. If you have any questions, please call the Gila County call center, select option 4.
Oddonetto Construction, 1377 N AZ 188, Globe, AZ 85501, 928-425-3608
Allegiance Builders, Lyle Wyatt (480) 276-4480
4 Winds Contracting, Michael Woodbury (928) 200-3608
Barcon Corporation, Fred Barcon (928) 425-5426
Convenient Mobile Services (CMS), Joe Wilson (928) 793-7030
Dixon Rock and Materials, John Dixon (602) 677-9129
JW Fansler Resources, Jim Fansler (928) 200-6312
Mountain Retreat Builders, Steve Hays (928) 701-3647
Sullivan Paving, Randy Sullivan (928) 701-4434
Valor Specialties Inc., 23306 N 15th Ave, Phoenix, Arizona 85027, Luke Plante, (928)970-1286
Sierra Peak Ranch Services, 819 Sandi Lane, Globe, Arizona 85501, Denton Cline, (928)243-7415
CDX Contracting, 1296 N Skyline Drive, Globe, AZ 85501, Ryan Courtney, (954)868-3070