Sheriff's Office Anounces Mass Casualty Training Scheduled for April 25, 2015 East of Star Valley
Public Service Announcement
April 23, 2015
Sheriff J. Adam Shepherd would like to release the following public service announcement regarding a mass casualty training exercise in Northern Gila County.
On Saturday, April 25, 2015, at approximately 08:00 a.m., the Gila County Sheriff's Office will be initiating a mass casualty training exercise east of the Town of Star Valley. The purpose of this exercise is to provide the most realistic scenario possible to help each participating agency determine their abilities during an actual emergency.
The scenario will be a plane crash with approximately 20 victims from wounded to deceased along with fire in the forest. Agencies will respond with requested resources and manpower to help in the training exercise.
The following agencies will be participating in the exercise:
- Gila County Sheriff's Office
- Tonto Rim Search and Rescue
- Payson Posse
- Mounted Posse
- Globe Search and Rescue
- Explorers and Adventurers
- Citizen Emergency Response Team (CERT)
- Hell's Gate Fire Department
- Payson Fire Department
- Houston Mesa Fire Department
- Beaver Valley Fire Department
- Whispering Pines Fire Department
- Pine/Strawberry Fire Department
- Tonto Basin Fire Department
- Tonto National Forest Service
- Arizona Department of Public Safety
- Native Air/Omni Flight