Welcome to the Gila County Treasurer's Office
GILA COUNTY TREASURER
Our Mission of the Gila County Treasurer’s Office is to provide first class customer service to the taxpayers of Gila County both in person, over the phone and online. To provide quality service as Treasurer, tax collector, cash manager and banker for entities within Gila County. To faithfully receive all monies of the county, to invest, balance and report all county funds and to pay them out to proper authority. Due to the ongoing pandemic, online payments via our payment portal or payments by mail are preferred (we honor US postmark).
The Vision of the Gila County Treasurer’s Office is to courteously provide the highest level of professionalism in carrying out our Mission Statement.
The Gila County Treasurer is the custodian of public monies, responsible for the collection and distribution of the personal and real property taxes levied by the county and various taxing entities, including the community college, school districts, fire districts, sanitary districts, water and irrigation districts, various improvement districts, flood control districts and cities and towns.
Additional Responsibilities of the office include:
- Investing county monies while maintaining liquidity to conduct business on a daily basis.
- Receipt and disbursement of public funds.
- Debt management of bond issues. Payment of school and county warrants.
- Offering delinquent taxes for purchase at a Tax Lien Sale in February which increases the revenue from unpaid delinquent taxes.
- Overseeing the process of deeding property to the State of Arizona for parcels with five years delinquent taxes.
Gila County Treasurer Monica Wohlforth
1400 E. Ash Street
Globe, AZ 85501
E-Mail us at email@example.com
PO Box 1093
Globe, AZ 85502
Office: (928) 402-8700
Toll Free: 1-800-304-4452 (AZ only)
Fax: (928) 425-7268
Mon-Fri 8:00am -5:00pm