Under Age Testing Process
GED Age-Override Process Required for GED Test Takers Ages 16 & 17
- Log into the GED website: http://www.GEDcomputer.com
- Create a GED account (register) on the GED website.
- After creating your profile, try to schedule an exam.
- Note, the system will reject the attempt at scheduling the selected exam for anyone under the age of 18.
- This is normal and to be expected. It is a required step in beginning the age-override process.
- After you have been blocked from scheduling a GED exam, please notify me. My contact information is shown below.
- Upon notification, I will submit an age-override request to include the following required documents:
- Student contact information showing DOB, current mailing address, and valid phone number.
- A Student Withdrawal form obtained from the last attended Highschool.
- A signed and notarized Parent/Legal Guardian Authorization form: https://www.gilacountyaz.gov/government/school_superintendent/docs/Parent%20Permission%20to%20Register_012219.pdf
- You will be notified when the process has been completed.
- Proceed with scheduling any of the GED exams when you are ready to take the exams.
The age-override will expire upon the students 18th birthday since it only applies to underage test takers.
We wish you all the best with your GED exams!