Earth Day 2020
This year marks the 50th anniversary of Earth Day, April 22, so to celebrate the Gila County Board of Supervisors invites students, our future community leaders, to participate in an Earth Day & National County Government Month Art Contest for youth in Gila County, grades K-5.
All artwork will be displayed for the month of April at the Gila County Courthouse in Globe and Payson.
The theme for the contest is: What Does Conservation Mean to Me?
Who can enter?
K-5 students attending a Gila County school or a resident of Gila County.
How many artworks can I submit?
Only one submission per student. We want to see your BEST work!
When is the deadline?
Artwork is due by Friday, April 17, 2020. We will notify the winners the week of April 27th.
Where do I drop off my artwork *?
All artwork can be dropped off via one of the following:
(1) Gila County Courthouse, 1400 E Ash Street, Globe
(2) Gila County Complex, 610 E Hwy 260, Payson
(3) Scan and email your artwork to firstname.lastname@example.org
* All artwork must have an Entry Form attached, with the artist’s full name, grade, school, teacher, and parent’s contact information. 2020 Art Contest Entry Form
What is the Prize?
Artwork will be judged on the following criteria: Creativity, Originality, and best use of the theme.
- One winner from each grade level will be picked
- Each grade level winner will be invited to and recognized at the May 5th Gila County Board of Supervisors Meeting.
- Also, each grade level winner will receive an Earth Day backpack filled with goodies
If you have any questions, please contact Kenny Keith, he can be reached at email@example.com or (928) 402-8531. Also, if you would like your artwork back, please contact Kenny Keith by May 5th to arrange a date/time for you to pick up your artwork from the Gila County Courthouse, in Globe.