Changing a Name on a Passport

» If you want to change the name appearing on your passport, you will process this request directly with the U.S. Passport Agency in Philadelphia, PA with an Application form DS-5504.  The form for this request is available 3 different ways:
  1. The DS-5504 form may be downloaded from
  2. Write to our Globe office (Gila County Clerk of the Superior Court:  1400 E. Ash St., Globe, AZ  85501) and request a “Passport Amendment/Validation Application.”  Please include a self-addressed, stamped envelope.
  3. Pick up the form in person at our Globe or Payson office.

» Along with your application, you must provide a certified copy of the document identifying the name change, such as a marriage license, Order for Name Change, Divorce Decree or Adoption papers.

Return to Clerk's Home Page