Adult Passport

» To apply for a new passport, you must present a certified copy of your birth certificate and a valid picture I.D. such as a driver’s license or military I.D. with your passport application.  A certified birth certificate may be obtained from the Bureau of Vital Statistics in the state in which you were born.  The certificate is required to be sent with the application and will be returned with the passport.   Expired passports may be substituted for a certified copy of the birth certificate.  Picture bank cards or hospital birth registration certificates are not acceptable forms of identification.

» If you are a Naturalized Citizen and have never obtained a U.S. Passport, your original Naturalization Certificate is required to be submitted with your application and will be returned with the passport. 

» You must provide one passport photo when applying for a passport.  This photo must be made specifically for your passport.  Many retail stores that have photo processing are able to do passport photos.  Family snapshots, portraits or school pictures are not acceptable as passport photos. 

» Adult passports are valid for 10 years.

» The standard passport application form DS-11 and all other necessary forms are available at the Clerk's Office or can be downloaded from the U.S. Department of State’s Website.

 Return to Clerk's Home Page