County Attorney-FAQ's

I believe a crime was committed against me. I want to talk to the County Attorney.
The Gila County Attorney’s Office will not review a case for charging until it receives a police report from a local law enforcement agency. If you believe a crime has been committed, please contact your local law enforcement agency to report it.

What is the status of the complaint I made several months ago?
If you have already reported a crime to a local law enforcement agency and you believe that the agency has submitted the case to our office for charging, please contact the Gila County Attorney’s Office in Globe at (928) 402-8630 to determine the status of your case. If a police report has not yet been submitted to our office for charging, you will have to follow up with the law enforcement agency that was investigating the crime.

An emergency has come up and I can’t make my court hearing. What should I do?
In order to obtain a continuance of your court hearing, you will have to get the approval of the Judge who is handling your case. If you are represented by legal counsel, please contact your attorney about a continuance. If you are representing yourself, you will need to mail and/or fax your request to both court administration and to the Gila County Attorney’s Office