Building Permits


Building plans are accepted at either our Globe office located at 745 N Rose Mofford Way or the Payson office located at 608 E Hwy 260. Please note that permits from other departments, for instance Wastewater or Floodplain, might be needed before a building permit can be issued.  This information can be obtained from the Residential Construction Permit Requirements Checklist for residential projects or Commercial Construction Permit Requirements for commercial projects.  For answers to the most commonly asked questions in regards to residential construction, see our Building Code Handbook.Two sets of plans meeting the design criteria are required to be submitted for review, including 2 site plans.  When the building permit is issued, one copy of the approved plan is returned to the applicant and must be kept on-site for the duration of the project.  The Building Safety Division retains the other.


Please allow 15 working days to first review depending on complexity of plans. There may be an additional 5 day administrative review time for residential or commercial plan submittal.   Plans Examiners review your plans and identify any potential code conflicts.  You will be notified as soon as possible of any deficiencies in your permit application or plans.  Your timely response will allow the process to move forward with as little delay as possible.

Once the plans have been reviewed and approved, you are ready to purchase your building permit.


The fee for a building permit depends on the type and size of your project.  You may call the building safety department and ask for an estimated permit fee or download the fee schedule.

 Public Notice Proposition 117

inspection During construction, inspectors visit the construction site to ensure that the project complies with Gila County code requirements.  You will be given a list of inspections required for your project and information on how to schedule inspections when you purchase your permit.

 Please call either office for information on obtaining Electrical, Plumbing or Mechanical permits.