JOSEPH G. WILLIAMS
Assessor's Office Temporarily Adjusts to
“Appointment Only” Customer Service
Starting April 27, 2020
Gila County Assessor, Joe Williams, announced that all In-Person service will be performed by appointment only, starting Monday April 27 and encourages property owners and residents to utilize email, phone or our website to conduct any business with the Gila County Assessor’s Office.
"The health and well-being of our employees and the public is our number one priority," Assessor Williams said. "We join all other Arizona County Assessing Offices and Gila County agencies by transitioning to a temporary “Appointment Only” service due to the continuing COVID-19 situation. Our office will continue to fully serve the public during this time.”
Gila County property owners and residents can do the following in lieu of visiting the Assessor's Office:
• See links at left and related pages to look up parcels, maps, download and complete important forms, and much more.
• Call 928-402-8714 and receive assistance by phone with any questions.
• If necessary, appointments will be scheduled when an issue cannot be resolved electronically or over the phone. To make an appointment in Globe, call 928 402-8714.
To make an appointment in Payson, call 928 472-7973.
By adhering to social distancing and health guidelines we are hoping to do our part in “slowing the spread” and ensure everyone's health and well-being. Thank you and stay safe,
To work to the best of my ability to ensure that all properties within Gila County are valued fairly and accurately and that data is kept as current as possible.
The mission of the Gila County Assessor's Office is to administer our duties in a manner that assures public confidence in our productivity, accuracy, and fairness. We perform the following major functions to fulfill our mission:
1. Discover, list, and uniformly value all taxable and nontaxable property in Gila County.
2. Determine proper legal class for all properties based on the current use of the property.
3. Comply with the legal requirements for processing assessment appeals in a timely
4. Determine the eligibility for property tax exemptions, senior freezes, and other taxpayer
5. Provide current assessment related information to the community and to government
6. Work to improve the property tax laws in the State of Arizona.
We will treat everyone with respect, compassion and dignity and will be guided by the principles of fairness and honesty.
For tax questions or tax payments please contact the County Treasurer at 928-402-8702.