Joseph G. Williams
Gila County Assessor
Assessor's Office Maintains Service to the Public Amid Ongoing COVID Concerns
December 14, 2020
The Gila County Assessor's office continues to remain open and in full service during the COVID pandemic. We encourage the public and our partners to utilize email, phone or our website to conduct any business with the Gila County Assessor's Office whenever possible. However, if the nature of your business requires an in-person visit, please follow all professional health guidelines and wear a mask whenever you enter any County building. The health and well-being of our employees and the public is everyone's number one priority.
Gila County property owners and residents can do the following in lieu of visiting the Assessor's Office:
* See links at left and related pages to look up parcels, maps, download and complete important forms, and much more.
* Call 928-402-8714 and receive assistance by phone with any questions.
* Due to limited in-office staff presence during this time, you may decide to make an appointment with us to ensure our preparedness in helping you to the best of our abilities.
To make an appointment in Globe, call 928-402-8714. To make an appointment in Payson, call 928-472-7973.
Please continue to adhere to social distancing and health guidelines while conducting your County business, and stay safe.
To work to the best of my ability to ensure that all properties within Gila County are valued fairly and accurately and that data is kept as current as possible.
The mission of the Gila County Assessor's Office is to administer our duties in a manner that assures public confidence in our productivity, accuracy, and fairness. We perform the following major functions to fulfill our mission:
1. Discover, list, and uniformly value all taxable and nontaxable property in Gila County.
2. Determine proper legal class for all properties based on the current use of the property.
3. Comply with the legal requirements for processing assessment appeals in a timely
4. Determine the eligibility for property tax exemptions, senior freezes, and other taxpayer
5. Provide current assessment related information to the community and to government
6. Work to improve the property tax laws in the State of Arizona.
We will treat everyone with respect, compassion and dignity and will be guided by the principles of fairness and honesty.
For tax questions or tax payments please contact the County Treasurer at 928-402-8702.