Gila County Flu Preparedness PSA
PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
PUBLIC INFORMATION CONTACT:
Thursday, January 10, 2013 Time 9:00 AM
Gila County Health Department
Seasonal flu activity has been increasing across the United States. The Gila County Health Department recommends that citizens follow some simple steps to help prevent the spread of the flu.
- Get a flu shot. The single best way to prevent the flu is to get a flu vaccine each season.
- Wash your hands.
Washing your hands often will help protect you from germs.
- Stay home when you are sick. If possible, stay home from work, school, and errands when you are sick. You will help prevent others from catching your illness.
- Cover your mouth and nose.
Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when coughing or sneezing. It may prevent those around you from getting sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth.
This will decrease the chance of infecting yourself with the flu virus.
- Avoid close contact with those who are sick.
When you are sick, keep your distance from others to protect them from getting sick too.
Following these tips can protect everyone from getting the flu or spreading the flu at home, work, or at school. For more information contact the Gila County Flu Hotline at 1-800-304-4452 ext. 8111.