Please share your opinions about employment, housing, health care, quality of life – or barriers you have experienced meeting basic needs in Gila County. Our online survey linked below takes about 10 minutes to complete, and is anonymous. Copies are available at county offices and local libraries, call 928-425-7631 to have one mailed to you or CLICK HERE
Early voting for the August 28 primary continues until August 24, Friday.
Mark your calendar with these dates, too:
* August 17 is the final day for voters to request an Early Ballot by mail
* August 24 is last day to vote early
CLICK HERE to Visit our Elections page
for updates about October deadlines for registration and early voting
ahead of the the November 6 General Election
With a population of 53,500 residents and covering 4,796 square miles, Gila County has always been a great place to live, work and play. Gila County is in Central Arizona and contains the Tonto Apache Reservation and parts of the Fort Apache and San Carlos Reservations. The county was formed in 1881 from parts of Maricopa and Pinal Counties, and later added the northern portion of the county from Yavapai County. Cities and Towns in Gila County include Globe, Hayden, Miami, Payson, Star Valley and Winkelman, along with a large number of rural unincorporated communities. Gila County is located on the northeastern edge of the Sonoran Desert, and covers a wide variety of life zones, including desert, high desert plains, chaparral, pinon-juniper and pine forests. There are a number of popular recreation areas in Gila County, including Roosevelt Lake, Tonto National Monument, Tonto Natural Bridge State Park, and Fossil Creek, along with several designated Wilderness Areas and popular camping areas within the Tonto National Forest.
Events Calendar[CALENDAR HOME]
- Supervisors Approve County Budget
- Take a Gila County Survey, Online or in Print
- Gila County Supervisor Martin Leads National Discussions on Public Lands Policies
- August Community Meetings in Tonto Basin & Roosevelt with Supervisor Humphrey
- Claypool & Miami Community Meeting with Supervisor Humphrey, July 17, 2018