ADOT PROJECT ON US 60 SUPERIOR-GLOBE TO CAUSE "HEAVY DELAYS"
THIS SUMMER. Read about the projects.
ONLINE SURPLUS AUCTION BEGINS JULY 23
Gila County will conduct the second quarter online auction to dispose of surplus property beginning Thursday, July 23, 2015. Featured items are miscellaneous office furniture, equipment and automobiles.
Interested persons may view a complete list of the items with a photo and a brief description here.
It must be noted that this is an online only auction. Internet access is required to bid on any items. [Note: free internet access is available at all libraries in Gila County.] Also, bidders must be registered at the auction site, www.publicsurplus.com, and may do so in advance of the July 23rd “go live” date.
- Bidding will begin Thursday, July 23rd at 12:01 a.m. and close on Saturday, August 1st at 5:00 p.m.
- All items are offered “as is” with no seller’s warranty.
- Any incorporated municipality within Gila County has the opportunity to purchase any of the auction items prior to the beginning date of the auction. The price for the item will be the minimum or reserve for said item.
For further information regarding vehicles, please contact John Root at (928) 402-8524. For all other items offered, please contact Joni Erwin at (928) 402-8897.
With a population of 53,500 residents and covering 4,796 square miles, Gila County has always been a great place to live, work and play. Gila County is in Central Arizona and contains the Tonto Apache Reservation and parts of the Fort Apache and San Carlos Reservations. The county was formed in 1881 from parts of Maricopa and Pinal Counties, and later added the northern portion of the county from Yavapai County. Cities and Towns in Gila County include Globe, Hayden, Miami, Payson, Star Valley and Winkelman, along with a large number of rural unincorporated communities. Gila County is located on the northeastern edge of the Sonoran Desert, and covers a wide variety of life zones, including desert, high desert plains, chaparral, pinon-juniper and pine forests. There are a number of popular recreation areas in Gila County, including Roosevelt Lake, Tonto National Monument, Tonto Natural Bridge State Park, and Fossil Creek, along with several designated Wilderness Areas and popular camping areas within the Tonto National Forest.
Events Calendar[CALENDAR HOME]
- Overnight Delays on US 60 Globe-Phoenix July 27-29
- Gila County to Hold FY 16 Budget Public Forums
- Gila County Newsletter - Summer 2015
- Gila County Truth in Taxation; Notice of Public Hearing
- Sheriff's Office Anounces Mass Casualty Training Scheduled for April 25, 2015 East of Star Valley