Inmate Visitation Information
The Gila County Sheriff's Office has a Jail Facility located in Globe and in Payson. Please find contact information below for both locations:
Globe Sheriff's Office
1100 South Street
P.O. Box 311
Globe, Arizona 85502
108 West Main Street, Ste. A
Payson Arizona 85541
Please note: Inmates are eligible for visitation after their initial appearance before a Judge or Magistrate, unless he/she is being released from custody.
Tuesday - Sunday
11:30 a.m. - 2:30 p.m. -- Open
2:30 - 4:30 p.m. -- Closed
4:30 - 8:00 p.m. -- Open
Visitation is limited to 2 hours per inmate per week. All active visits will be terminated at 2:30 p.m. and 8:00 p.m.
Please plan your visits accordingly.
Inmate Visitation at the Payson Jail Facility is as follows:
Wednesday and Thursday
6:00 - 9:00 p.m.
12:00 - 3:00 p.m.
Length of visit: 15 minutes
The schedule above will be followed, unless the inmate's housing unit or the facility is in lockdown or in the event of a Jail Facility emergency.
Professional visits pertain to attorneys or other approved legal visitors, law enforcement officials, clergy and program representatives. If you are not certain if you meet the criteria for a professional visit, please contact the appropriate Gila County Jail Facility at (928)402-8666 in the Globe area or (928)468-2835 in the Payson area.
- Additional Identification Requirements: In addition to a valid government picture identification, professional visitors may be asked to present professional credentials at the time of the visit such as a Arizona State Bar Association identification card, Provider identification card, law enforcement credentials, private investigator's license, interpreter certification card, etc.
- Identification: All visitors must have a valid government picture identification with date of birth, i.e., driver's license, DES ID card, Arizona ID card, Military ID card, Passport, etc.
- Age Requirements: No one under the age of 18 may visit an inmate unless accompanied by an adult.
- Any person who has been in the custody of the Gila County Jail within the past six (6) months will not be granted visitation.
All visitors arriving for inmate visitation must be properly dressed. Visitors wearing any clothing or accessories that are deemed inappropriate will not be permitted visitation. The following dress code will be strictly enforced:
- All clothing shall be clean and worn in the proper manner. Proper undergarments must be worn.
- Sheer, see-through and open-netted clothing is prohibited.
- Tank (muscle), tube, halter, strapless or spaghetti strap dresses and tops are prohibited.
- Tops that allow display of bare midriff, mesh clothing, body suits and swim suits are prohibited.
- Clothing with inappropriate language (profanity), pictures, symbols/designs is prohibited.
The Gila County Sheriff's Office Jail Facilities reserve the right to discontinue any visit at any time. Additionally, all visitation will be suspended in the event of a Jail Facility emergency.
Please note: Picture taking during visitation is strictly prohibited.
If you require further clarification, information or have questions, please call the Gila County Jail Facility in the Globe area at (928)402-8666 or (928)468-2835 in the Payson area.