There are two Gila County Jail facilities, one located in Globe and one in Payson, please see the addresses and phone numbers below:
Globe Sheriff's Office
1100 South Street
P.O. Box 311
Globe, Arizona 85502
108 West Main Street, Ste. A
Payson Arizona 85541
The Gila County Sheriff's Office recognizes the importance and need to make funds available to inmates. For your ease and convenience, the Sheriff's Office Jail offers several ways to deposit money into inmate accounts.
Jail Visitation Lobby Window
Cash, money orders or cashier's check deposits for inmate accounts may be dropped off at the Jail Visitation Lobby Window at either the Globe or Payson area Jail facilities. Money for Inmate Accounts can be deposited 24 hours per day, 365 days per year. There are no fees for this service.
You may send cashiers checks or money orders via U.S. mail to: Gila County Jail, P.O. Box 311, Globe, AZ 85502. Please write "Attention Property Master" on outside of envelope.
No personal checks or debit/credit cards are accepted.
Instructions for Money Deposits - Jail Visitation Lobby Window
Deposits will be accepted at the Jail Visitation Lobby Window 24 hours per day, 365 days per year.
Your cooperation is greatly appreciated in adhering to these rules for processing of inmate funds:
- Cash, money orders or cashier's check will be accepted. U.S. paper currency will be accepted for the value of deposit only. No change will be given. There is no limit to the amount that may be deposited at the Jail Visitation Lobby Window.
- All deposits require the depositor to show a valid government issued photo ID, i.e., driver's license, DES ID card, Arizona ID card, Military ID card, Passport, etc.
- No personal checks or debit/credit cards are accepted.
Note: It is the responsibility of the depositor to ensure all information is correct on the receipt before leaving the Jail.
There are no fees for this service.
The Gila County Sheriff's Office Jail operates and manages its own Inmate Commissary Store. The profits from commissary sales and telephone use are used to purchase items used by the inmates.
Inmates cannot have clothing or other items dropped off to them. Inmates can purchase T-shirts, underwear, socks as well as writing paper, stamps, envelopes, snacks and hygiene items through the Jail Commissary.
Clothing & Personal Property
All personal property will be sealed when an inmate is booked into the Jail and will remain sealed until they are released. Property placed into the inmate's property bin (with the exception of the inmate's clothing) during incarceration can be released to an outside party upon an inmate's written request.
Inmates may request to have trial clothing dropped off for trial proceedings, once approved, trial clothing will be provided to the inmate until the completion of their trial.
Serving an Out-of-County Sentence
There is a housing fee of $54.63 per day for serving an out-of county sentence at the Gila County Jail Facilities. The entire amount for the length of the sentence is due upon arrival. Please call (928)402-4258, in advance, for more information.
Working Outside the Jail Facility while serving a Sentence
Permission to work outside the Jail Facility while in custody is dependent upon the approval of Inmate Classification. If you are serving a sentence and are approved for the Work Release Program, there is a fee of $59.50 per week. This amount must be paid the Sunday previous to the work week, please be advised there are no partial week payments allowed.
All Personal Property Releases are conducted at the Gila County Jail Facilities, please keep the following in mind concerning Personal Property Releases:
- Property releases are completed daily.
- Any inmate sentenced to the Department of Corrections must have all property released at the time of sentencing.
- The recipient must present a valid government issued photo ID, i.e., driver's license, DES ID card, Arizona ID card, Military ID card, Passport, etc., before receiving property.
- Any commissary items not picked up within seventy-two (72) hours of the inmate's transfer will be disposed of.
- Any personal property not picked up within thirty (30) days of the inmate's transfer or release will be disposed of.
Funds from an inmate account may be released to a third party. Prior to releasing any funds, the inmate must submit a Inmate Request Form authorizing the release of funds from his/her account. The funds released from the Inmate Account will be in the form of a check payable to the third party as requested by the inmate.
- The recipient must present a valid government issued photo ID, i.e., driver's license, DES ID card, Arizona ID card, Military ID card, Passport, etc., before receiving released funds.
- Any funds in an inmate's account will be released in the form of a check made payable to the inmate upon his/her release.
- Fund transfers from one inmate account to another inmate account are not permitted.
For more information, please contact the Gila County Jail Facility at (928)402-8666 in the Globe area or (928)468-2835 in the Payson area.