You Have Just Received A Traffic Citation
Be sure to read both sides of your traffic citation. It is important to know that you must respond to the court on or before the “Notice to Appear” date shown on the front of the citation. Failure to respond may result in a warrant for your arrest and/or suspension of your driver license and/or other penalties.
The following persons must appear on the “Notice to Appear” date shown on the citation.
- Persons who were cited for a criminal or criminal traffic offense
- Persons under the age of 18 (juveniles) must appear with a parent or guardian if cited for a moving violation, criminal, or criminal traffic offense
- Regardless of the charge(s), persons who receive a citation in connection with a traffic accident involving a serious injury or death
If none of the conditions above apply to you, choose one of the following options in responding to your citation: Click on the following options for required forms and information.
OPTION 1: If you are eligible, you may attend Defensive Driving School.
OPTION 2: You may admit responsibility to the charge(s) on your citation and pay
the Bond/Penalty amount in person or by mail (no personal checks).
Make your payment by visiting
toll free at 1(855)436-6818
Payson Regional Court Bond/Fine Schedule
Star Valley Bond/Fine Schedule
NOTICE: An individual who commits a civil or criminal traffic violation resulting in death or serious physical injury is not eligible to attend a defensive driving school, except that the court may order the individual to attend a defensive driving school in addition to another sentence imposed by the court on an adjudication or admission of the traffic violation.
WARNING: To all persons under the age of 18. If one of your charges is a moving violation, you must appear in court with a parent or legal guardian. If you fail to appear for any court appearance or fail to comply with any court order, the court will direct MVD to suspend you driver license or driving privilege until you have satisfied the court order or until your 18th birthday.
RED LIGHT VIOLATIONS: A.R.S. § 28-645 OR § 28-647
If you are cited for either of these offenses and you are eligible, you may attend Defensive Driving School. If you are not eligible to attend Defensive Driving School, or if you choose not to attend Defensive Driving School and you are convicted of or enter a plea of responsible, the Motor Vehicle Division will send you a notice ordering you to attend and successfully complete Traffic Survival School.
INSURANCE VIOLATIONS: A.R.S. § 28-4135 (A),(B),(C)
If you had a valid policy on the date of violation, you may mail a photocopy of the insurance card for a dismissal of the charge(s).
If you did not have a valid policy on the date of violation the court MAY waive or reduce the penalty if you can show proof of BOTH:
1. The person has not been found responsible for a violation of section 28-4135 within the past twenty-four months or not more than one violation within the past thirty-six months as evidenced by the person's driving record.
2. The person has purchased a six month policy of insurance that meets the requirements of section 28-4009.