Clerk of the Court

Modify Legal Decision Making (custody), Parenting Time (visitation) and Child Support

To Modify an Existing Court Order 

Step 1 - Filing the Petition to Modify
        *Optional: Requesting Emgerency Temporary Orders
Step 2 - Service of Court Papers
Step 3 - Response to Petition to Modify
Step 4 - Request for Order Granting or Denying a Legal Decision Making Hearing  
Step 5 - Order Modifying Legal Decision Making, Parenting Time and Child Support 
Use the above Instructions and Forms ONLY if the following factors apply to your situation: 
  • You want to file court papers to change legal decision making (custody), parenting time (visitation) and child support, AND,

  • You do not wish to or cannot submit an AGREEMENT to this change signed by you and the other party, AND,

  • The court order that you want to change is a Gila County Order, AND,

One or more of the following has occurred:

  • Domestic violence, spousal abuse, or child abuse has occurred since the legal decision making order was signed, OR,

  • The child(ren)’s present surroundings may endanger the child(ren)’s physical, mental or emotional health, OR,

  • The joint legal decision making order that you want to change was dated at least six months ago and the other party has failed to comply with the provisions of the joint legal decision making order, OR,

  • The order that you want to change was dated at least one year ago and it is in the child(ren)’s best interest to make a change to that order.

Return to Clerk's Home Page