Gila County is under contract with the Arizona Office of Manufactured Housing to permit and inspect Manufactured Homes and Factory Built Buildings.
A Manufactured Home Permit covers the set-up inspections required for installing a manufactured home on site. The fee is $350.00 plus $50.00 for the electric pedestal if needed. Ground-set homes also require an $50.00 fee. Separate permits are required for additional structures.
As of March 22, 2007 only HUD approved manufactured homes will be permitted in the unincorporated areas of Gila County.
Information necessary to permit a Manufactured Home includes:
- Unit owner and property owner information
- Tax parcel number
- Site address
- Unit make, model, year, cost or value, size and serial number
- Installer information
- Site plan
- Wastewater Department approval
- Floodplain Department approval
- Proof of a potable water source
- APS approval if applicable
- Pine/Strawberry Fire Department (928-476-4272) or Hellsgate Fire Department (928-474-3835) and Tri-City Fire (928-425-0815) approval if located in either of these districts
- Grading and/or Right of Way Permit if applicable
- Manufactured Home Checklist
Please note: A Discharge Authorization for your wastewater system will be required before the electric service will be green tagged.
In addition to the requirements listed for a Manufactured Home, the following is required for a Factory Built Building:
- 2 sets of Floor (F#)/Manufacturer’s plans and 2 sets of Foundation (DFB#) Plans, stamped approved by the Office of Manufactured Housing. One of these sets must have the original red stamp from the OMH.
- Contractor’s name, address, phone number and license number
A Factory Built Building used for Commercial purposes must meet additional requirements and fees.